Tatkaal Scheme Eligibility
A Tatkaal passport service is a scheme offered to individuals who need passport on urgent basis. In Tatkaal scheme, documents of the applicant arequickly verified &application is fastly processed by the passport department to permit the applicant to travel after considering his or her urgency factors. Passport office is the final issuance authority for Tatkaal passport. Under Tatkaal scheme, the passport office in charge decides that whether or not to issue a Tatkaal passport to the concerned applicant. Tatkaal passport is issued by the passport office after taking urgency factors of the applicant into consideration. If the passport office accepts the reason of the applicant and his or her urgency to travel, the Tatkaal passport is issued to the applicant else the application gets rejected.
Applicants falling under the category below cannot apply/reapply for the passport under Tatkaal scheme –
- An applicant deported to India from some other country
- An applicant born to Indian parents outside India (Indian descent)
- An applicant who has been granted Indian citizenship on the basis of naturalization or registration.
- An applicant who has been repatriated from some other country at India’s government cost
- A Nagaland resident
- Naga origin citizens residing outside Nagaland
- Minors residing in Nagaland
- A J&K resident
- An applicant goes for a major name change
- A minor child with a single parent
- A children adopted by Indian & foreign parents.
- An applicant looking for renewal of short validity passport
- An applicant looking for a new passport after the old passport was lost or stolen.
- An applicant whose current passport is damaged beyond recognition.
- A change in applicant’s personal credentials such as signature.
- An applicant undergone change in sex or appearances
How to Apply for Tatkaal Passport?
It is very easy to apply for Tatkaal passport. Kindly follow the below steps to apply for Tatkaal passport online –
Documents required for Tatkaal Passport
Documents required to apply for Tatkaal passport are as follows (Any 3) –
- Voter Id card
- Service photo Id card
- Verification certificate as per Annexure F
- Identity Cards of freedom fighters
- Certificate of SC/ST/OBC
- Ration card
- Arms license
- Railway photo identity card
- PAN card
- Bank passbook
- Birth certificate
- Driving license
- Student ID card
- Gas connection bill
- Property documents
- Pension documents
Tatkaal Passport Fees
Procedure to apply for normal and Tatkaal passport are very similar. The cost of Tatkaal passport is quite high from the normal passport. The normal passport containing 36 pages will cost Rs.1500 whereas 60 pages booklet will cost Rs.2000. The passport fees under the Tatkaal scheme is given below –
Reissue of passport (Reason : Due to validity expiration)
Reissue of passport (Reason : Delete ECR/Change in any personal particular)
|36 pages||60 pages|
Reissue of passport (Reason : Exhaustion of pages)
Reissue of passport (Reason :Damaged/lost passport)
|36 pages||60 pages|
|Rs.3500 (If passport has expired) Rs.5000 (If passport has not expired)||Rs.4000 (If passport has expired) Rs.5500 (If passport has not expired)|
Note – You can easily pay your passport fee online by using debit or credit card/internet banking. Another option you can use is SBI challan.
How much time is taken to prepare a Tatkaal Passport?
A Tatkaal passport is quickly verified & fastly processed by the passport office whereas normal passport is verified & processed in a normal way. A Tatkaal passport is dispatched by the passport office to the applicant within time period of 1-3 days. Application under this scheme guarantees early appointment of the applicant and fast processing of the application through a separate queue.