Home / Private Limited to One Person Company (OPC)
Updated on 14 Apr 2021 9.00 AM IST | 4 min read
One Person Company (OPC) Definition
One person company is a new concept introduced in India which is owned and managed by a single entrepreneur whereas in case of private limited company, two or more persons are needed to incorporate a private limited company. A nominee must be registered in case of OPC at the time of registration in form INC-3. The proposed director must have DIN & DSC and he/she should be a citizen of India. There is no need to change the office location of the previous private limited company.
Many persons now days transferring their private limited company into one Person Company. For making conversion from private limited company into one Person Company (OPC), the private limited company must have total paid up capital of Rs.50 Lakhs or its annual average turnover in previous 3 financial years must be Rs.2 crores. OPC also needs a nominee director so that responsibility can be transferred to the nominee director, if the director of the company is unable to manage its business operations. An alteration is also needed to be done in MOA & AOA of the company.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Requirements for Converting Private Limited Company into OPC
- As per section 8 of the company’s act 2013, private limited company should have share capital of Rs.50 Lakhs or annual average turnover of Rs.2 crores in the last three financial years in order to convert their company into OPC.
- The conversion should BE in accordance with the rule 7 of companies (incorporation) Rules, 2014.
- The company should take permission in writing from the existing members as well as creditors at the time of passing a special resolution in the general meeting. The existing members & creditors must have no objection in converting private limited company into OPC.
- For converting a private limited company into an OPC, the company is required to file special resolution with registrar of companies after getting approval from shareholders. Therefore, FORM MGT-14 should be filed along with the documents within 30 days of passing of special resolution with ROC.
Benefits of OPC
There are many benefits of using the new payroll system –
Procedure Of Converting Private Company Into One Person Company (OPC)
FAQ’S about Converting Private Company Into One Person Company (OPC)
- 30 days in case of voluntary conversion
- 6 months in case of mandatory conversion
Latest News & Updates
- Apr 13,2021
- Apr 12,2021
No backdate entries, recovery cases, more return filing, others help tax officers to up GST collectionApr 10,2021
Lawyers Are Exempted From Paying GST/Service Tax, Do Not Harass Them By Issuing Demand Notices: Orissa High CourtApr 09,2021
- Apr 08,2021
- Apr 07,2021
- Apr 06,2021
Monthly GSTR 8 (Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) and deposited by e-commerce operators) for Mar 2021Apr 10th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 7 (Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited) for Mar 2021Apr 10th ,2021
GSTR 1 for Mar 2021 (turnover more than INR. 1.50 Crore)Apr 11th ,2021
GSTR 6 (Details of ITC received and distributed by ISD) Monthly Filing Due Date for Mar 2021Apr 13th ,2021
Last date of depositing the fifth instalment of advance tax (if liable to pay any) for FY 2020-21 for individual and corporate taxpayersApr 15th ,2021
GSTR 3B for Mar 2021 (Annual Turnover of more than Rs 5 Cr in Previous FY)Apr 20th ,2021