Home / Private Limited to One Person Company (OPC)
Updated on 25 Sep 2023 9.00 AM IST | 4 min read
One Person Company (OPC) Definition
One person company is a new concept introduced in India which is owned and managed by a single entrepreneur whereas in case of private limited company, two or more persons are needed to incorporate a private limited company. A nominee must be registered in case of OPC at the time of registration in form INC-3. The proposed director must have DIN & DSC and he/she should be a citizen of India. There is no need to change the office location of the previous private limited company.
Many persons now days transferring their private limited company into one Person Company. For making conversion from private limited company into one Person Company (OPC), the private limited company must have total paid up capital of Rs.50 Lakhs or its annual average turnover in previous 3 financial years must be Rs.2 crores. OPC also needs a nominee director so that responsibility can be transferred to the nominee director, if the director of the company is unable to manage its business operations. An alteration is also needed to be done in MOA & AOA of the company.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Requirements for Converting Private Limited Company into OPC
- As per section 8 of the company’s act 2013, private limited company should have share capital of Rs.50 Lakhs or annual average turnover of Rs.2 crores in the last three financial years in order to convert their company into OPC.
- The conversion should BE in accordance with the rule 7 of companies (incorporation) Rules, 2014.
- The company should take permission in writing from the existing members as well as creditors at the time of passing a special resolution in the general meeting. The existing members & creditors must have no objection in converting private limited company into OPC.
- For converting a private limited company into an OPC, the company is required to file special resolution with registrar of companies after getting approval from shareholders. Therefore, FORM MGT-14 should be filed along with the documents within 30 days of passing of special resolution with ROC.
Benefits of OPC
There are many benefits of using the new payroll system –
Procedure Of Converting Private Company Into One Person Company (OPC)
FAQ’S about Converting Private Company Into One Person Company (OPC)
- 30 days in case of voluntary conversion
- 6 months in case of mandatory conversion
Latest News & Updates
GST Act | If Invoice Or Any Other Specified Document Is Accompanying Goods, Then Consigner Or Consignee Are Deemed To Be Owner: Allahabad HCSep 25,2023
- Sep 24,2023
- Sep 23,2023
Why the gaming industry has its eyes peeled for the outcome of Gameskraft’s INR21,000 crore GST caseSep 22,2023
- Sep 22,2023
- Sep 21,2023
- Sep 21,2023
Due date for deposit of Tax deducted/collected for the month of August, 2023. However, all sum deducted/collected by an office of the government shall be paid to the credit of the Central Government on the same day where tax is paid without production of an Income-tax Challan.Sep 07th ,2023
Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194-IA in the month of July, 2023Sep 14th ,2023
Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194-IB in the month of July, 2023Sep 14th ,2023
Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194M in the month of July, 2023Sep 14th ,2023
Due date for furnishing statement in Form no. 3BB by a stock exchange in respect of transactions in which client codes been modified after registering in the system for the month of August, 2023Sep 15th ,2023