What is MSME Registration?
MSME stands for Micro, small & medium enterprises. As per the government, it is not mandatory to get registered under MSME or to go for MSME registration online but it is suggested that small & medium enterprises should go for it as it can provide you various benefits in the form of business set up, taxation, credit facilities, loans etc. Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) involved in manufacturing or service area can obtain registration under the MSME act.
Who should apply for Udyog Aadhaar Registration?
Any type of business entity can obtain Udyog Aadhaar registration online such as sole proprietors, Partnership firms, HUF’s, Public limited companies, Private limited companies, Limited Liability partnerships, One person companies, Co-operative societies, Production companies, any AOP’s, other undertakings etc.
In order to obtain the MSME registration, there is a set specified criterion that a business entity needs to meet in order to classify themselves as Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME). There is a lot of paper work you need to do at the time of starting a business and getting MSME or SSI registration through the manual process. Therefore, it is advisable that you can now easily do the MSME registration online and can obtain an MSME certificate.
Now, Udyog Aadhaar registration/MSME registration is completely an online process and after registration, you can avail various government benefits such as easy loan approvals, subsidies etc.
New Udyog Aadhaar replaces SSI / MSME Registration
As per the gazette notification from the government dated 18.09.2015, the Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) registration process is replaced by the new Udyog Aadhaar registration. The New Udyog Aadhaar registration process is a very simple one-page format as compared to the complex registration process used by businesses before. Any individual having Aadhaar number can register for Udyog Aadhaar registration at the UAM portal online. The following details are required at the time of registration –
- Owner’s name
- Enterprise name
- Organization type (Sole proprietorship, Partnership firm, HUF, Public limited company, Private limited company, LLP etc.)
- Social category (GEN/SC/ST/OBC)
- Date of commencement of business
- Postal address
- Bank details (Account number & IFSC code)
- NIC code
- DIC details
- Major activity (Manufacturing/Service)
- Previous registration details (If applicable)
- Total person employed
- Investment in Plant & Machinery equipment
Documents required for MSME Registration Online
The documents required for MSME registration are as follows -
- Aadhaar card
- Rent agreement
- Property paper
- Cancelled Cheque
- Company Registration i.e., Sale or Purchase Bill and PAN card
- Business Address Proof
For self-owned premise: Lease deed, property tax receipt, possession letter, allotment letter, etc.
For rented premise: NOC from the landlord, rent receipts, utility bills or document evidencing the landlord’s ownership, etc.
The charges to get an MSME certificate are Rs. 1999 (all-inclusive) per certificate and can be paid by their secured gateways.
Additional Documents required for MSME registration
- Copies of Sale and Purchase Bills
- Partnership Deed
- Memorandum of Association (MoA)
- Articles of Association (AoA)
- Copies of Licenses and Bills of Machinery Purchased
Benefits of MSME Registration
Udyog Aadhaar registration is a very simple process by which an enterprise can easily obtain their MSME certificate online. Previously, you need to do lots of paperwork in order to obtain MSME registration. Now, the new online process is well-organized & systematized and providing enterprises with the maximum benefits. Hence, there are many benefits of obtaining Udyog Aadhaar registration which are as follows –
ACCESS TO TENDERS
For most of the business tender applications, one of the desired eligibility criteria is MSME/SSI registration as many government tenders open only to MSME’s to promote small business participation.
Business registered as MSME/SSI will get multiple benefits from the government such as tax subsidies, Capital investment subsidies etc.
CHEAPER INTEREST RATES
Interest rates offered to Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) registered businesses on loan is 1-1.5% cheaper than the normal interest rate.
In terms of govt. licenses and certifications, the business registered under MSME/SSI has been given high preference and get fast approvals from the state and govt. regulatory bodies.
EASY ACCESS TO CREDIT
As per the mudra scheme by PM Modi, You can easily get loans without collaterals.
REDUCED COST INFRASTRUCTURE
The MSME/SSI registered businesses receives various benefits such as cheaper electricity charges, VAT exemptions etc. Other business services like patents are also cheaper for registered MSME’s.
How has Udyog Aadhaar simplified the process of registration for the MSME?
The Introduction of Udyog Aadhaar has simplified the process of MSME registration and now it becomes easy for the enterprises to do Udyog Aadhaar registration online as compared to the previous process of MSME/SSI registration. Aadhaar Udyog registration simplifies the MSME registration process in the following ways –
One page simple registration form. Multiple UAM’s can be filed free of cost. No supporting document required as it is a self-declaration. The framework provides revival & rehabilitation of MSME’S easy online process.
What are the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME)?
MSME’s are classified into three enterprises - Micro enterprises, Small enterprises and Medium enterprises. It is your total investment amount that differentiates your business between Micro, small and medium enterprises.
|Micro Enterprise||Upto Rs. 5 Crores|
|Small Enterprise||Rs. 5 Crores to Rs. 75 Crores|
|Medium Enterprise||Rs. 75 Crores to Rs. 250 Crores|
In case you are a manufacturing or a service enterprise and having an investment of less than Rs.1 Crore and turnover of less than Rs.5 Crore, your enterprise will be considered as a micro enterprise. Micro enterprises have less amount of capital in comparison to small & medium enterprises and less than 10 individuals to work for them.
In case you are a manufacturing or a service enterprise and having an investment of less than Rs.10 Crore and turnover of less than Rs.50 Crore, your enterprise will be considered as a small enterprise. Small enterprises have more amount of capital than micro-enterprises but less amount of capital than medium enterprises. Sole proprietorship, small companies or small organizations are the perfect examples of small enterprises. A small enterprise workforce ranges between 10 individuals to 50 employees.
If you are a manufacturing or a service enterprise and having an investment of less than Rs.20 Crore and turnover of less than Rs.100 Crore, your enterprise will be considered as a medium enterprise. Medium enterprises have more amount of capital in comparison to micro and small enterprises. A medium enterprise comprises less than 250 people and as enterprises progress by earning more income, the need for more capital and workers also arises to fulfil its business requirements.
Registration Process of Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME)
Every company has its own procedure for the MSME/Udyog Aadhaar registration but FinacBooks makes it very easy for their clients. Obtaining quick, complete information, document preparation, verification and a fast approval process is what we believe in. There is no need for your Physical presence as everything will be done online.
Step by Step MSME/SSI registrations process is as follows -
There are Two Types of Udyog Aadhaar Registration Process
New Udyog Aadhaar Registration with Aadhaar
New Process for the Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) Registration Online
For the Aadhaar enrollment, a copy of the following documents are needed - Employee Photo identity card, PAN card, driving license, passport, Voter ID card or bank photo passbook. After following this procedure, you can easily continue your business with MSME/SSI certificate.
Eligibility for the Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) Registration
The eligibility for Udyog Aadhaar/MSME registration depends upon the total investment made by the enterprise in plant & machinery under the manufacturing sector or equipment under the service sector. There is a limit specified in both manufacturing and service sector for micro, small and medium enterprises which are as follows -
|Industry||Manufacturing Sector||Service sector|
|Micro Enterprise||Investment upto Rs.25 lakhs in Plant & Machinery||Investment upto Rs.10 Lakhs in equipment|
|Small enterprise||Investment b/w Rs.25 Lakhs to Rs.5 Crores in Plant & Machinery||Investment b/w Rs10 Lakhs to Rs.5 Crores in equipment|
|Medium Enterprise||Investment b/w Rs.5 crores to Rs.10 crores in Plant & machinery||Investment b/w Rs. 2 crores to Rs.5 crores in equipment.|
Information Required for the MSME Registration
- Name of the Entrepreneur/Applicant – In order to obtain Udyog Aadhaar new registration, the first thing you need to do is enter your name as mentioned on the Aadhaar card in the MSME registration form.
- Aadhaar number – Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number issued by UIDAI.
- PAN card - Enter your PAN card number in the required field.
- Gender – Choose your gender – Male or Female
- Mobile number – Enter your registered mobile number in the MSME registration form.
- E-mail ID – Enter your registered E-mail ID in the required field.
- Social category – Choose your social category among General/SC/ST/OBC.
- Physically handicapped – In case you are a physically handicapped person, you must choose the option of the physically handicapped or disabled person in the MSME registration form.
- Name of Enterprise – Enter the full name of your enterprise correctly. An applicant having more than one Enterprise can apply for multiple Udyog Aadhaar (One for each enterprise) using the same Aadhaar number. For ex – Enterprise 1 or Enterprise 2.
- Type of Organization – Enter the type of business or legal entity you are operating as a business (Sole proprietorship, Partnership firm, HUF, LLP, Public limited company, private limited company, Co-operatives, others)
- Date of commencement of business – Commencement date means the date on which you started your business operations.
- Plant location – Place where you are manufacturing something or a factory.
- Office Address – For better communication, kindly provide the postal address of your business along with the contact number & E-mail Address.
- Bank Account number – Kindly provide your bank account number given on the Cheque book and passbook of the concerned bank.
- IFSC code – Kindly provide your IFSC code of the concerned bank (Given on the cheque book as well as passbook of the bank)
- Main business activity – Mention key area of your business activity such as manufacturing or service.
- NIC - The 2 digit code - You must enter your national industrial classification code mentioned in the National industrial classification handbook. A single applicant might select multiple NIC codes to include all of its activities.
- NNumber of employees – Details about the number of employees employed by you in your enterprise
- Additional details about business – Kindly provide additional details related to your business (If applicable).
- Total investment made in Plant & Machinery – Kindly provide the total amount which you invested in your business in terms of Machinery & Equipment.
- Scanned Copy of Aadhaar card – Kindly provide a scanned copy of Aadhaar card. It should be clear enough and easy to read.
Current Account Opening
Current account opening is necessary for business owners as there are lots of transactions they need to do on regular basis in order to run their business. It is a kind of deposit account that helps business owners to do regular transactions continuously without any hassle. There are various benefits which businessmen can avail by making online current account –
- Customized features
- Unlimited transactions such as deposits & withdrawal transactions.
- Online banking services such as Internet & mobile banking.
- Overdraft Facility etc.
Nowadays, there are many banks that provide online current accounts for businessmen, which are opened at zero balance in a quick time without any fees.
What is UAM (Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum)?
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) is a simple registration form to prove the MSME’s existence, as well as mandatory details such as owner’s Aadhaar card number, Bank details and Personal details is provided at the time of filling a form online. After filling & submitting the form, you will receive an acknowledgement on your registered E-mail ID containing the Udyog Aadhaar number which you can use as a reference to all your future communications in relation to Udyog Aadhaar registration. No supporting documentation is needed as it is a self-declaration form but it may be requested by the state or central authority as information proof in the UAM registration form.
If any of the enterprise already filed for EMI-1 or EMI-2 or both or the current holder of small scale industry registration before the introduction of the MSME act 2006, there is no need to file Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM). Enterprise can also file multiple UAM’s with the use of the same Aadhaar number if they desire to as there is no limitation on it.
Various Schemes for the Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) in India
There are various MSME schemes launched by the government of India -
Udyog Aadhaar MemorandumA aadhaar card is a mandatory requirement for all individuals who want to register under this scheme. After registering under this scheme, you can easily avail credit, loan facility as well as subsidies from the government. This process can be done both online & offline.
Quality management standards & quality technology toolsRegistering under this scheme will help MSME’s to understand and maintain the specified quality standards with the help of new technology. In this scheme, seminars as well as activities, are conducted to tell businesses about the introduction of new technology in the market.
Zero defects Zero effectThe Enterprise involved in the export of manufacturing goods must adhere to the standards specified so that the goods will not get rejected or sent back to India. In order to achieve this aim, a zero defect zero effect scheme has been launched by the government of India. As per this scheme, if the goods are exported, they may get entitled to a rebate & concession. This scheme also raises the level of quality in the MSME sector.
IncubationIncubation is related to innovation. Under this scheme, the government provides help to the innovators by implementing their new ideas, design or products. As per this scheme, the government finance 75% to 80% of the project cost and help in promoting new ideas, products, designs etc.
Grievance monitoring systemThis scheme has been launched by the government to address the complaints or grievances of the business owners. With the help of this scheme, you can easily view the status of your complaints and in case you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can reopen it too.
Credit linked capital subsidy schemeThis scheme has been launched by the government to provide new technology to replace their old & outdated innovative techniques. Micro, small & medium enterprises can avail this capital subsidy scheme by approaching banks directly. It also helps in upgrading business enterprises and provides a better system to run your business.
Women entrepreneurshipThis scheme is especially launched by the government for those women who want to start a business of their own and help them in expanding and managing their businesses. Under this scheme, the government main aim is to help women in establishing their business by providing capital, training, counselling & delivery techniques so that they can easily establish themselves in the business without any difficulty.
What Is Included In Our Package?
MSME Registration (FAQ's)
- Choose the forgot option.
- As specified in the application, select the OTP(One Time Password) option.
- Enter your mobile number/email address in the space provided above.
- You will receive OTP on the selected option after pressing the 'Validate & Generate OTP' button.
- Enter the OTP and click 'Validate OTP'. You will receive all registered numbers after your OTP is properly matched.
Follow the steps below to determine the status of your Udhyog Aadhar Registration:
To download the udyam registration certificate, follow the procedures below:-
How FinacBooks help in MSME Registration in India?
FinacBooks is a leading Indian portal providing accounting, finance & taxation services to small businesses. We are having more than 10 years of experience in helping individuals providing MSME/SSI/Udyog Aadhaar Registration at the least possible price. We will guide you through the entire process of Udyog Aadhaar/SSI/MSME Registration. To avail of the best deals on MSME/Udyog Aadhaar Registration, kindly call us at 8800221252, or you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News & Updates
- Jul 02,2121
- Jun 10,2121
- Sep 17,2021
- Sep 16,2021
- Sep 15,2021
- Sep 14,2021
- Sep 09,2021
GSTR-7 Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited under GST lawsSep 10th ,2021
GSTR-8 Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) by e-commerce operators under GST lawsSep 10th ,2021
GSTR 1 for Aug 2021 (turnover more than INR. 1.50 Crore)Sep 11th ,2021
GSTR-6 Details of Input Tax Credit (ITC) received and distributed by an Input Service Distributor (ISD)Sep 13th ,2021
GSTR-3B is a summary return to be filed by all taxpayers except those registered under the composition scheme, every month. However, from 1st January 2021, there is also quarterly filing option provided to taxpayers with annual aggregate tunrover of up to Rs.5 crore, opting for the QRMP scheme for Aug Month. (Aggregate turnover exceeding Rs.5 crore in the previous financial year)Sep 20th ,2021
GSTR-3B is a summary return to be filed by all taxpayers except those registered under the composition scheme, every month. However, from 1st January 2021, there is also quarterly filing option provided to taxpayers with annual aggregate tunrover of up to Rs.5 crore, not opting for the QRMP scheme for Aug Month. (Aggregate turnover up to Rs.5 crore in the previous financial year)Sep 20th ,2021