Home / NGO Registration
Updated on 25 May 2020 9.00 AM IST | 4 min read
What is NGO Registration?
If you are looking forward to set up a non-profit organization with the objective of betterment or advancement of any particular section of the society, it is recommended that you must go for NGO registration. It is very important to register NGO as it provides legal entity to the organization which makes it more reliable in the eyes of law. You can register your non-profit organization in 3 ways –
Individuals opening non-profit organization can choose any of the above three models on the basis of their personal requirement, level of operation, preference & scale.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Laws Applicable for NGO Registration in India
The three laws applicable for NGO registration in India are as follows –
- Trust registration under the Indian trust act, 1882.
- Society registration act, 1860.
- Section 8 company registration under companies act, 2013.
Purpose of NGO Registration
The main objective of every organization is to earn maximum profit as it helps in smooth functioning & future growth of the organization but the main purpose of starting an NGO is to help others. NGO is opened for various purposes –
However, the main purpose of every NGO is to work for the betterment of the people through education, trade, art, skill development, cultural promotion etc.
Documents Required to Apply for NGO Registration
Register NGO as a Trust
Register NGO as a Society
Register NGO as a Section 8 Company
Forms Required for NGO Registration
|Forms||Purpose of the form|
|INC7||Application for company incorporation|
|INC9||Affidavit from each director & subscriber|
|INC12||Application for license|
|INC14||Declaration from a practicing chartered accountant|
|INC15||Declaration from every person filing the application|
|INC16||License to incorporate as section 8 company|
|INC22||Situation of registered office|
|DIR2||Consent of directors|
|DIR3||Application to registrar of companies filed to get director identification number (DIN)|
|DIR12||Appointment of directors|
Modes of NGO Registration
There are 3 modes of NGO registration –
- Trust - Public trust is an organization or NGO made for the benefits of the people. Its main purpose is to eradicate poverty, provide education to underprivileged children’s, providing medical reliefs etc. The general aim of a trust is to promote arts, science & literature. Trust cannot be amended or terminated without court permission. In order to govern the public trust, there are no specific laws in India. However, some states have their own public trust acts. For ex – Maharashtra & Tamil Nadu.
- Society - A society is a group of persons whose main aim is not to earn profits but to serve the society. A society is registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860. A Society is established for the purpose of promoting the charitable activities like sports, cultures, religion, education, arts and poverty reliefs.The governing members of the society are responsible for the management of the society affairs. The duty of members of the general body includes modification in name and objects, rules & regulations (if necessary) and the election of members of the governing body.
- Section 8 company - The section 8 Company is an organization which is registered as non-profit organization and whose main objective is to promote arts, commerce, charity, environment protection, religion, social welfare, research, education, sports and science. The Section 8 Company is not registered for the purpose of profit but it is registered for the purpose of charity. This type of company is same as a society or a trust. The Section 8 Company does not pay dividends to its members or shareholders. Its income or profits are used for promoting the charitable objects only.
How Finacbooks help in NGO Registration?
Finacbooks is a leading Indian portal providing accounting, finance & taxation services to small businesses. We are having more than 10 years of experience in helping individuals providing NGO registration at a least possible price. We will guide you through the entire process of NGO registration. To avail the best deals on NGO registration, kindly call us at 8800221252 or you can also e-mail us at email@example.com
NGO Registration FAQ’S
- Trust registration
- Society registration
- Section 8 company registration