What is LoC Permit?
LoC Permits are issued to those J & K residents who want to visit their relatives living other side of the LOC for valid reasons like attending functions such as marriages ceremonies. These LoC Permits are only issued by RPO Jammu & RPO Srinagar.
Pakistan administered Kashmir authorities also issue LoC Permits to J & K citizens on that side of LOC so that they can visit their relatives in Indian Jammu & Kashmir.
Fee for LoC Permit
There is no fee required for LoC Permit
Documents required for LoC Permit
The documents required for LoC Permit are as follows –
Is police verification required for LoC Permit?
LoC Permit is issued to an applicant after verification of his/her Indian antecedents and relatives living on the other side of LOC. Verification of applicant’s Indian antecedents is done by the criminal investigation department (CAD) and subsidiary intelligence bureau (SIB) whereas the verification of the relatives is done by Pakistan administered Kashmir authorities on the request of regional passport office.
Similarly, Pakistan administered Kashmir authorities also request RPO across the border to do verification of the relatives of the applicant. It is the responsibility of the regional passport office to request CID & SIB to do verifications and even authorize Pakistan administered Kashmir authorities to issue LoC Permit after the verification is done by CID & SIB.
Apply for LoC Permit through online form submission
- Register yourself on Passport Seva online portal by clicking on “Register now”.
- After doing registration, login to the Passport Seva online portal with your registered login ID and password.
- Click on “Apply for LoC Permit” link
- Fill the required details in the form and submit the same online.
- Take the printout of the filled application form by clicking on “View/Print Submitted Form” link available under “View saved/submitted applications” page.
- Bring the printed copy of the online application form with affixed coloured photograph along with three more recent coloured photographs. Photocopy of the passport, Proof of address in India, Proof of date of birth and submit the same along with the application form at Jammu or Srinagar passport office.