How to Apply for Official/Diplomatic Passport Online?
Official passports are issued to those persons who travelled abroad for official purpose. Via this document, persons travelled abroad under the Indian government protection. Diplomatic passports are offered to diplomats and consuls appointed abroad on government behalf. These documents can also use as proof of identity and address.
The following points will guide the persons who want to apply for an Diplomatic or Official Passport Online:
- Applicants needs to visit the official website of the passport providing centers or passport seva kendra in India.
- To register themselves on the Passport Seva online website, applicants need to click on the “Register Now” link on the homepage.
- Applicants will be provided user ID and password and they will use this to login to the online website of Passport Seva.
- Applicants need to click on the link “Apply for Diplomatic/Official Passport”.
- Along with the necessary documentary proof, applicants need to downloaded, filled in and submit the form.
- The printout of the finished application will be taken via the “View/Print Submitted Form” link which is available at the View Saved/Submitted Applications” page.
- The printed copy of the online application form will be submitted to the Consular Passport and Visa Division, Patiala House, in New Delhi passport office along with the essential original documents.