Home / Close Private Limited Company
Updated on 14 May 2021 9.00 AM IST | 4 min read
Close Private Limited Company in India
If your business is not running properly in a private limited company or you are facing continuous losses in your business, it is better to close your private limited company and start a new journey. Private limited company also needs to be shut down when there are no exchanges or directors of the company not ready to start its operations.
There are 4 ways by which private limited company business comes to an end –
- Sell the company
- Voluntary winding up
- Compulsory winding up
- Defunct company winding up
What Is Included In Our Package?
Sell The Company
One way of voluntarily winding up the company is selling the company to some other party. A company can be sold by selling the majority of shares of the company to any other party. As per technical context, it is not winding up; it is a relief from the responsibilities of the person who is ready for winding it up.
Voluntary Winding Up
Voluntary winding up of a private limited company is a long procedure. Voluntary winding up of company means winding up of a company by its members voluntarily. Winding up of a company can be done voluntarily by the members, if –
Procedure Of Voluntarily Winding Up Of Private Limited Company
The procedure of voluntarily winding up of a private limited company is as follows –
- Step 1 – Firstly, conduct a board meeting with 2 directors to pass a resolution along with the declaration that the company has no debts and the company is in a position to pay its creditors after selling company’s assets.
- Step 2 – In the second step, company issues a written notice to call a general meeting along with explanatory statement proposing the resolution.
- Step 3 – In the third step, Company pass the ordinary resolution in the general meeting for the purpose of winding up by ordinary majority or 3/4th of the majority by passing the special resolution.
- Step 4 – After passing the special resolution in the third step, conduct a meeting of creditors and if majority of the creditors are having the same opinion that winding up of a company is beneficial for all the parties, company will be winded voluntarily.
- Step 5 – After taking the decision in the creditors meeting to wind up the company, file a notice with the registrar to appoint a liquidator within 10 days after passing of resolution.
- Step 6 – In the sixth step, company has to give notice of the resolution in the official gazette and also advertise the same in the newspaper within 14 days after passing of resolution.
- Step 7 – In the 7th step, company has to file certified copies of resolution (ordinary or special) passed within 30 days of the general meeting.
- Step 8 – In the 8th step, wind up the affairs of the company, prepare the liquidator account and auditors will audit the same.
- Step 9 – In the 9th step, company conducts a general meeting
- Step 10 – In the 10th step, company pass a special resolution in the general meeting to dispose books and all other necessary documents after winding up the affairs of the company.
- Step 11 – In the 11th step, company submits account copy as well as application to the tribunal within 15 days of the first general meeting to pass order for dissolution.
- Step 12 – In the 12th step, If a tribunal found that your all accounts are in order and company has followed all the necessary compliances, tribunal will pass the order for dissolving the company within 60 days of receiving the application
- Step 13 – The appointed liquidator submits a copy of order with the registrar in step - 13.
- Step 14 – In step – 14, registrar publish a notice on the official gazette declaring that the company is dissolved after receiving the order passed by tribunal.
Compulsory Winding Up
According to companies act 2013, any company who has done any fraudulent or illegal activity or having any involvement in any unlawful or illegal act, than the company will be mandatorily wind up by the tribunal.
Procedure For Compulsory Winding Up The Private Limited Company
The steps in compulsory winding up the private limited company are as follows –
Defunct Company Winding Up
STK-2 form is used to wind up defunct pvt. Ltd. company. Defunct companies are those companies where no financial transactions take place. It is also called dormant companies. In such case, only STK-2 form is filed and there is no further procedure to be followed.
Close Private Limited Company FAQ’S
Latest News & Updates
- May 13,2021
- May 11,2021
- May 10,2021
- May 07,2021
- May 06,2021
- May 05,2021
- May 04,2021
Monthly GSTR 8 (Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) and deposited by e-commerce operators) for Apr 2021May 10th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 7 (Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited) for Apr 2021May 10th ,2021
GSTR 1 for Apr 2021 (turnover more than INR. 1.50 Crore)May 11th ,2021
GSTR 6 (Details of ITC received and distributed by ISD) Monthly Filing Due Date for Apr 2021May 13th ,2021
Last date of depositing the sixth instalment of advance tax (if liable to pay any) for FY 2020-21 for individual and corporate taxpayersMay 15th ,2021
GSTR 3B for Apr 2021 (Annual Turnover of more than Rs 5 Cr in Previous FY)May 20th ,2021