What is Surrender Certificate?
Surrender certificate are the certificates issued to the applicants who surrender their passport willingly to the passport offices in order to cancel their Indian citizenship and acquire foreign nationality. In order to avail this service, you need to apply on Passport Seva website (https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink) and to visit passport office later along with your documents to compete the procedure. No police verification is required in case of surrender certificate. Expired passports can also be presented for surrendering. Surrender will not be allowed in case of impounded, suspended, revoked and cancelled (against reissue) passport.
Documents Required for Surrender Certificate
The documents required for surrender certificate are as follows –
- Original Passport
- Proof of foreign nationality
Fees for Surrender Certificate
The fees for surrender certificate are as follows –
|If applicant acquired the foreign nationality before 1st June 2010||Rs.500|
|If applicant acquired the foreign nationality on or after 1st June 2010||Rs.5000|
Apply for Surrender Certificate through e-Form Submission
Apply for Surrender Certificate through Online Form Submission
- Register yourself on Passport Seva online portal by clicking on “Register now”.
- After doing registration, login to the Passport Seva online portal with your registered login ID and password.
- Click on “Apply for surrender certificate” link
- Fill the required details in the form and submit the same online.
- Take the printout of the filled application form by clicking on “View/Print Submitted Form” link available under “View saved/submitted applications page”.
- Bring the printed copy of the online application form, self-attested copies along with the original documents to passport office corresponding to your present address in order to submit your application.
Latest News & Updates
- Jun 10,2121
- Jun 14,2021
GST Council Meeting Highlights: No tax on black fungus drug Amphotericin B; rates unchanged for COVID-19 vaccineJun 12,2021
- Jun 11,2021
- Jun 09,2021
- Jun 08,2021
- Jun 07,2021
Due date for deposit of Tax deducted/collected for the month of May, 2021. However, all sum deducted/collected by an office of the government shall be paid to the credit of the Central Government on the same day where tax is paid without production of an Income-tax ChallanJun 07th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 8 (Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) and deposited by e-commerce operators) for May 2021Jun 10th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 7 (Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited) for May 2021Jun 10th ,2021
GSTR 6 (Details of ITC received and distributed by ISD) Monthly Filing Due Date for May 2021Jun 13th ,2021
Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194-IA in the month of April, 2021Jun 14th ,2021
Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under Section 194-IB in the month of April, 2021Jun 14th ,2021