What is Surrender Certificate?
Surrender certificate are the certificates issued to the applicants who surrender their passport willingly to the passport offices in order to cancel their Indian citizenship and acquire foreign nationality. In order to avail this service, you need to apply on Passport Seva website (https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink) and to visit passport office later along with your documents to compete the procedure. No police verification is required in case of surrender certificate. Expired passports can also be presented for surrendering. Surrender will not be allowed in case of impounded, suspended, revoked and cancelled (against reissue) passport.
Documents Required for Surrender Certificate
The documents required for surrender certificate are as follows –
- Original Passport
- Proof of foreign nationality
Fees for Surrender Certificate
The fees for surrender certificate are as follows –
|If applicant acquired the foreign nationality before 1st June 2010||Rs.500|
|If applicant acquired the foreign nationality on or after 1st June 2010||Rs.5000|
Apply for Surrender Certificate through e-Form Submission
Apply for Surrender Certificate through Online Form Submission
- Register yourself on Passport Seva online portal by clicking on “Register now”.
- After doing registration, login to the Passport Seva online portal with your registered login ID and password.
- Click on “Apply for surrender certificate” link
- Fill the required details in the form and submit the same online.
- Take the printout of the filled application form by clicking on “View/Print Submitted Form” link available under “View saved/submitted applications page”.
- Bring the printed copy of the online application form, self-attested copies along with the original documents to passport office corresponding to your present address in order to submit your application.
Latest News & Updates
- Oct 27,2021
- Oct 26,2021
- Oct 25,2021
- Oct 23,2021
- Oct 22,2021
- Oct 21,2021
- Oct 20,2021
Due date for deposit of tax deducted/collected for the month of September, 2021. However, all sum deducted/collected by an office of the government shall be paid to the credit of the Central Government on the same day where tax is paid without production of an Income-tax ChallanOct 07th ,2021
Due date for deposit of TDS for the period July 2021 to September 2021 when Assessing Officer has permitted quarterly deposit of TDS under section 192, 194A, 194D or 194HOct 07th ,2021
GSTR-7 Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited under GST lawsOct 10th ,2021
GSTR-8 Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) by e-commerce operators under GST lawsOct 10th ,2021
GSTR 1 for Sep 2021 (turnover more than INR. 1.50 Crore)Oct 11th ,2021
GSTR-6 Details of Input Tax Credit (ITC) received and distributed by an Input Service Distributor (ISD)Oct 13th ,2021