The department of the income tax of Indian government has a website i.e. https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home. This portal assists taxpayers in filing their returns of income tax online. Each year the tax payers deploy this portal for taxes e-filing.
How can a person register himself or herself on the website of Income tax for filing tax returns?
Given below the steps for register on the website of the income tax department of the Indian government.
- For the registration, you need to choose your user type. The taxpayer user type is Individual/HUF.
- The next step is to input your personal information such as date of birth, name, and PAN. You can use PAN as your user Id to the website of the income tax department.
- On the screen of the form of registration, you require to setup questions for security and the password. It is necessary to provide uppercase and lowercase letters along with characters special.
- Then input your email ID and the mobile number. You need to give your phone number and personal email id.
- The next step is to input your details of permanent and present address.
- Your PAN is verified by the website and it will shows your contact details and transaction Id on the screen.
- In the email send to you by the income tax department, you also require to activate your account of income tax by clicking on the link of the activation.
- Congrats! Your account is ready and setup for you to see your returns of income tax and statements of the tax credit.
- The form 26AS or the statement of tax credit contains information of TDS deducted. It also provides information regarding information of refund of the tax and collected tax.
What is meant by e-filing?
E-filing means filing returns of income tax online. There are two methods to file your return of income tax. The first method is offline and second method is via online. In the offline method, you need to visit the income tax office to file your income tax return physically. In the online method, you can e-file your income tax return on the internet.