How to register for GST online in easy steps ?
The process of GST registration on GST portal is as follows –
Step–1 – Go to GST portal. Click on “Register now” under heading “Taxpayers (normal)”given on the left bottom side of the page.
Step-2 - Fill the required fields in the form below –
- Choose the field “New registration”
- Select “I am a taxpayer” from the drop down list.
- Then, select state & district from the drop down list.
- Enter the “Name of your business” and “PAN”
- Enter your registered e-mail address & mobile number. One OTP will be sent to your E-mail ID and one to your mobile number.
- Click on proceed.
Step-3 – Enter the OTP received on your e-mail & mobilein the required fields and click on continue. In case you didn’t receive the OTP, click on resend OTP.
Step-4 – The, you will receive a temporary reference number (TRN). You need to note down this number for future reference. This will also be sent on your e-mail ID & mobile number.
Step–5 – Go again to GST portal and click on register now.
Step–6 – Choose the field “Temporary reference number”. Input TRN number, Captcha code and click on proceed.
Step–7 – One OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number & e-mail. Enter the OTP and click on proceed.
Step–8 –You can easily check your application status as “Draft” in the status section under “My saved application”. Click on edit icon.
Step–9 – Part B comprises of 10 sections. Fill in the details and submit the required documents. You must keep your documents in hand while applying for GST registration.
- Business details
- Authorized signatory
- Authorized representative
- Proof of business place
- Addition place of business
- Goods & services
- Bank account details
- State specific information
Step–10 – After filling all the details , go to verification page and put a tick on “Verification declaration” and submit your application in one of the following ways –
- Submit your application using DSC
- Submit your application using e-sign (OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar registered number)
- Submit your application using EVC (OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number)
Step–11 – After submission, a success message is displayed on your screen and an application reference number is sent to your registered e-mail & mobile number.
Step–12 – You can check your application status anytime by entering application reference number (ARN) on GST portal under the heading “Registration” under “Services”.