Home / Sole Proprietorship to Private Limited Company
Updated on 17 Jun 2021 9.00 AM IST | 4 min read
Proprietorship to Private Limited Company
Most of the persons start their business as sole proprietor due to less compliance requirements but due to growth in the business, sole proprietor needs a separate business account for their business transactions. The best way to complete all these requirements is to convert sole proprietorship into a private limited company.
In order to convert a sole proprietor ship firm into a private limited company, business owner needs to incorporate a new fresh private limited company by entering into an agreement. The promoters of the company indulge themselves into an agreement for the main objective of selling the business. Business owner must mention about this takeover as one of the objectives in memorandum of association (MOA).
What Is Included In Our Package?
Minimum Requirements For Converting A Proprietorship Firm Into A Private Limited Company
- Minimum 2 directors
- Minimum 2 shareholders for registration of a private limited company.
- Minimum Rs.1 Lakh share capital.
- DIN (Director Identification number) for all directors.
- Business owner should mention “Takeover of sole proprietorship concern” as one of the objectives in Memorandum of association.
Documents Required In Converting Sole Proprietorship Into A Private Limited Company
- Latest photograph of all directors & shareholders
- PAN card copy of directors & shareholders (Passport in case of foreign nationals)
- Address proof of all directors & shareholders (Aadhar card and Voter id/passport/driving license)
- Address proof of registered office (electricity bill/telephone bill of the registered office)
- Non-objection certificate (NOC) from the owner of the registered office
- Rent agreement of the registered office (If office is situated at a rented place)
- Income tax return acknowledgement by the sole proprietor
Benefits of Converting Proprietorship Firm Into A Private Limited Company
Procedure of Converting Proprietorship Into A Private Limited Company
Sole Proprietorship to Private Limited Company FAQ’S
- Separate legal entity
- Limited liability
- Easy transferability
- Continuous existence
Latest News & Updates
- Jun 10,2121
- Jun 15,2021
- Jun 14,2021
GST Council Meeting Highlights: No tax on black fungus drug Amphotericin B; rates unchanged for COVID-19 vaccineJun 12,2021
- Jun 11,2021
- Jun 09,2021
- Jun 08,2021
Due date for deposit of Tax deducted/collected for the month of May, 2021. However, all sum deducted/collected by an office of the government shall be paid to the credit of the Central Government on the same day where tax is paid without production of an Income-tax ChallanJun 07th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 8 (Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) and deposited by e-commerce operators) for May 2021Jun 10th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 7 (Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited) for May 2021Jun 10th ,2021
GSTR 6 (Details of ITC received and distributed by ISD) Monthly Filing Due Date for May 2021Jun 13th ,2021
Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194-IA in the month of April, 2021Jun 14th ,2021
Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under Section 194-IB in the month of April, 2021Jun 14th ,2021