Home / Sole Proprietorship to Private Limited Company
Updated on 28 Oct 2020 9.00 AM IST | 4 min read
Proprietorship to Private Limited Company
Most of the persons start their business as sole proprietor due to less compliance requirements but due to growth in the business, sole proprietor needs a separate business account for their business transactions. The best way to complete all these requirements is to convert sole proprietorship into a private limited company.
In order to convert a sole proprietor ship firm into a private limited company, business owner needs to incorporate a new fresh private limited company by entering into an agreement. The promoters of the company indulge themselves into an agreement for the main objective of selling the business. Business owner must mention about this takeover as one of the objectives in memorandum of association (MOA).
What Is Included In Our Package?
Minimum Requirements For Converting A Proprietorship Firm Into A Private Limited Company
- Minimum 2 directors
- Minimum 2 shareholders for registration of a private limited company.
- Minimum Rs.1 Lakh share capital.
- DIN (Director Identification number) for all directors.
- Business owner should mention “Takeover of sole proprietorship concern” as one of the objectives in Memorandum of association.
Documents Required In Converting Sole Proprietorship Into A Private Limited Company
- Latest photograph of all directors & shareholders
- PAN card copy of directors & shareholders (Passport in case of foreign nationals)
- Address proof of all directors & shareholders (Aadhar card and Voter id/passport/driving license)
- Address proof of registered office (electricity bill/telephone bill of the registered office)
- Non-objection certificate (NOC) from the owner of the registered office
- Rent agreement of the registered office (If office is situated at a rented place)
- Income tax return acknowledgement by the sole proprietor
Benefits of Converting Proprietorship Firm Into A Private Limited Company
Procedure of Converting Proprietorship Into A Private Limited Company
Sole Proprietorship to Private Limited Company FAQ’S
- Separate legal entity
- Limited liability
- Easy transferability
- Continuous existence
Latest News & Updates
- Nov 30,2020
- Oct 27,2020
- Oct 26,2020
- Oct 24,2020
- Oct 23,2020
- Oct 22,2020
- Oct 21,2020
GSTR 3B for August 2020 (15 States/UT’s - Chhattisgarh, MP, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Lakshadweep, Kerala, TN, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh) Oct 1st, 2020
GSTR 3B for August 2020 (22 States/UT’s - Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Odisha, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Chandigarh, Delhi) Oct 3rd, 2020
GSTR 1 for September 2020 (turnover more than INR. 1.50 Crore) Oct 11th, 2020
Monthly GSTR 6 for September 2020 Oct 13th, 2020
Monthly GSTR 7 (Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited) for September 2020 Oct 10th, 2020
Monthly GSTR 8 (Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) and deposited by e-commerce operators) for September 2020 Oct 10th, 2020
CMP 08 for July to September 2020 Oct 18th, 2020
GSTR 5 (Non-Resident Foreign Taxpayers) Monthly Filing Due Date for September 2020 Oct 20th, 2020
GSTR 5A (Non-Resident OIDAR Service Provider) Monthly Filing Due Date for September 2020 Oct 20th, 2020
GSTR 3B for September 2020 (Annual Turnover of more than Rs 5 Cr in Previous FY) Oct 20th, 2020
GSTR 9 and 9C (Annual Return) FY 2018-19 Dec 31st, 2020
GSTR 1 (Quarterly) for July to September (Summary of outward supplies where turnover is upto Rs 1.5 crore) Oct 31st, 2020
Annual GSTR 4 for FY 2019-20 Oct 31st, 2020