NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme Overview
Andhra Pradesh is one state which has been dealing with poverty from quite some time and its government is doing its best to tackle the poverty and to improve the living status of the poor people. Also, the Andhra Pradesh government is dedicated to provide a dignified life to all the poor and helpless people who have no resources for their living. Many of its citizens are struggling to meet the basic and daily needs and are thus finding it difficult to live a dignified and contented life.
In order to help the old people and to provide them with a dignified life, government of Andhra Pradesh launched NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme, which is also known as Vrudhapya Pension and covers the following types of pensions for the most needy and vulnerable people, especially those who are old:
- Old Age Pension
- Weavers Pension
- Widow Pension
- Disabled Pension
- Toddy Tappers
- ART Pension
- Transgender Pension
- Fisherman Pension
- Single Women Pension
- CKDU Pension
Launched on 19th June 2014 by the Ministry of Rural Development, NTR Bharosa Pension scheme has following objectives:
Key Features of NTR Bharosa Pensions:
NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme has following key features:
Eligibility Criteria for NTR Bharosa Pension:
NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme covers total of 10 pensions and each of it has its own eligibility criteria, however the general criteria for availing NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme are as below:
- You must belong to the BPL family holding white ration card.
- You must be a local resident of the state and have its domicile.
- You are not covered under any other Pension scheme.
Apart from the above mentioned eligibility criteria, below is the eligibility criteria for each type of pension covered under NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme:
Selection Criteria for NTR Bharosa Pension
While the fundamental criteria to get eligibility for the NTR Bharosa pension being the Below Poverty Line (BPL) status, the Andhra Pradesh Government has listed out certain factors based on which it checks the inclusions and exclusion of pensions. The inclusion and exclusion factors are listed as below:
Inclusion factors: As per the AP state government, priority will be given to below mentioned persons:
- ST households particularly PVTG Households in Agency areas
- SC households
- Practicing Artisans (Weavers, Toddy Tappers, Barbers, Washer men, Potters, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Cobbler, Animal herder, Village Artistes etc) and other Back ward Classes
- Daily labourers (Daily wage labourers, Agricultural Labourers, Migrated labourers)
- Nomadic Tribes having no permanent residence
- Households with destitute/orphans
- Households with Disabled
- Households of Manual Scavengers
- Other poor Households
Exclusion factors: Those belonging to below mentioned lists will not be considered for the NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme:
Application Procedure for the NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme
A person seeking NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme should have following documents ready with them in order to avail the same:
- Photograph of applicant
- Aadhar number
- Savings bank account number
- Age proof
- Photograph Death Certificate of husband, if the applicant is widow
- Xerox copy of registration in Cooperative society of Toddy Tappers
- Weavers should submit a Xerox copy of registration in Co-operatives society of weavers.
- SADAREM Certificate in the case of persons with disabilities 40%.
Once you have the documents ready, you can apply for availing the NTR Bharosa Pension by following these steps:
Any Questions? Request a callback from our Tax Experts.