A PAN number is an important element of identification that every taxpayer must possess and is issued by the income tax department. Recently, the government has begun to give more importance to PAN, with the goal of issuing them to everyone who qualifies across the country. This is where use of PAN card centre comes into the picture.
What is a PAN card centre?
A PAN card centre receives and processes applications for PAN cards. If you operate a PAN card centre, you give PAN application forms (49A/49AA) to applicants and assist them in properly filling them out. These forms can be accessed and submit online, along with any other required documentation. Once the processing of the application is completed, the applicant will be assigned a PAN number, which you must communicate to the concerned person. You can provide the following services as a PAN centre –
- Application for a new PAN card
- Application for PAN card rectification
- Application for a PAN card for foreign clients.
- PAN-Aadhaar linkage
How to open a PAN card centre?
The government has collaborated with numerous corporations to create PAN card centres throughout the country. To open a PAN card centre, you must register with one of these corporations - Steel City Securities Ltd, Radium Box, Alankit, and Pay1 are just a few of the well-known firms.Visit them online and submit an application for the registration of a PAN card centre or contact them via their customer service.They will offer you a proposal that includes the deposit amount, basic needs, and other terms.Typically, the franchise fee for registration is around Rs.5000. Additionally, you may be required to pay a security deposit. You need to file the following documents (which may change depending on the corporation) along with the fee:
- Scanned copy of the PAN card
- Scanned copy of the proof of office/residential address
- Scanned copy of educational proof
- Scanned copy of bank proof
After you've made your payment, keep the receipt as proof of payment.Once registered, your centre is included in the TIN (Tax Information Network) database, which means that your centre can be found when people search for 'PAN card centre near me.'
What condition do you need to meet to open a PAN card centre?
To open a PAN card centre successfully, you must meet the following criteria. The requirements may vary slightly between corporations.
- You should have a minimum of 150 square feet of office space.
- A suitable computer system (either a desktop or laptop).
- You should be engaged in a business that is regulated by any of the following:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA)
- Tax Consultants/Accounting Practitioners/Advocates (all of whom are members of the respective councils/associations)
- The Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
- The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWA)
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA)/Certifying Authority (CA)/ Registering Authority (RA) for distribution of DSC
- A minimum of one member of staff who is familiar with taxation, general hardware, and operating systems.
What services can you provide as a PAN centre?
When you register for PAN card centre, you will assist individuals in applying for a PAN card. The corporation with whom you are doing registration offer you software and guides you through the entire procedure.
The following are the fundamental stages that will be followed for each application:
- Filling out forms - Provide an application form to the person who wishes to apply for a PAN. Assist them in correctly filling out the form according to the instructions provided. Additionally, include a photograph and obtain the applicant's signature.
- Uploading documents - Three forms of paperwork are required for the application: proof of identification, proof of address, and proof of date of birth. Aadhaar card serves as proof of identity and is preferable. Furthermore, Scan the applicant's application form and Aadhaar card and upload them in accordance with the corporation's instructions.
- Collection and payment of fees - Collect the application fee and submit the same to the registered corporation. Additionally, the charge for new and corrected applications is currently Rs.107 for Indian citizens.
After this step, the application will be processed and the PAN card is received by the applicant at their address or by email if they are applying for only e-PAN.
How much commission can you make?
You can expect to earn between Rs.10 and Rs.20 for each PAN card application. It varies according to the corporation for which you have registered. They specify the amount to collect for various types of applications and the commission you earn on each.
Any Questions? Request a callback from our Tax Experts.