Digitize India Platform
Change is always greener and Indian Government is doing its best to change the old traditional and conventional method of working, especially in government sectors by making technology and internet its best friend and in order to match the pace with such a dynamic environment, it has launched Digital India campaign. All these years, government sectors have been known for traditional and conventional way of working i.e. the manual way. Launched on 1st July 2015, Digital India campaign intends to empower the country digitally, especially in the field of technology, mainly by providing the government services electronically. Under this campaign, the government has planned to connect rural and backward areas with high-speed internet networks and has set up a target of connecting all the 625,000 villages of India by the end of year 2018.
Digitize India Platform Launch
Launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology Finance Ministry, it is centred on three key areas – digital infrastructure as a utility to every citizen, governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. With the motto of “power to empower” Digital India campaign is also a beneficiary of various other schemes such as BharatNet, Make in India, Startup India and Standup India, industrial corridors, Bharatmala, Sagarmala, UDAN-RCS and E-Kranti.
In order to do the electronic makeover of various government services, Digital India campaign has launched Digitize India Platform, which is an initiative to provide digitization services for scanned document images or physical documents for any organization. Launched on 1st July 2015 by PM Narendra Modi as part of the Digital India programme, it offers an exciting opportunity for government agencies to transform themselves into digital enterprises and thus aims to lead all organizations towards a paperless office. A paperless office not only sounds cleaner and organized, but also ensures that the data is available to the citizens as and when needed, apart from enhancing digital public service delivery and free archived documents storage spaces.
In contrary to the old and conventional methods used by the government sector, Digitize India Platform, not only infuses fresh air in the system but also provides an innovative solution which is a perfect blend of machine intelligence and a cost effective crowd sourcing model. It not only features a secure and automated platform for processing as well as extracting relevant data from document images, but also provide it in a format which is usable for meta-data tagging, IT application processing and analysis.
Digitize India Platform is mainly for the organizations which are dealing with delivering citizen centric services such as Registration, Issuance of Certificates, Permits etc i.e. the organizations which involve extensive handling of documents and is no lesser than a boon for them because with increasing number of documents generated every day, their storage as well as retrieval is no lesser than an operational challenge, mainly because scanning and storage of documents is a human intensive work, which is not only costly but gives lot of scope for human error and thus the organizations spend most of their productive time in dealing with digital images which can neither be processed nor be retrieved and this is where Digitize India Platform comes to the rescue by extracting the relevant data from the organization and providing it in a usable format. Also, if one organization is still using paper based documents, one can convert them into images and digitize them.
Organizations can use Digitize India Platform to convert and digitize image documents which are easily readable and have a clear structure i.e. either a printed form or a register with clear columns and rows. Also one can use the platform to convert and digitize paper documents; however, it is done at an extra cost. Ideally the platform is best suited for the documents which are generated in high volume, having a similar structure and requiring frequent access and that’s the reason why the organizations such as government departments, public sector organizations as well as an autonomous body can become a user of the platform and make the best use of the services and digitization services provided by the Digitize India platform.
Stakeholders of the Digitize India Platform
There are three main stakeholders of the above mentioned platform, namely:
- Digital contributors: Indian government has ensured an easy access of the platform and thus any Indian citizen having an Aadhaar Number can opt for becoming a digital contributor. As a digital contributor, one can perform simple data entry tasks and earn reward points for every verified and correct task.
- User organizations: As mentioned above, any organization, public sector organization and autonomous bodies can utilize the services provided by the platform.
- Platform operator (CSC SPV): It is the job of the platform operator to remunerate the contributors for their reward points. Also, it helps in on-boarding of user organization, pre-processing the scanned document images, creating templates for pages being digitized.
Digitize India Platform Registration
As mentioned above, Digitize India Platform is an initiative launched as a part of Digital India campaign, which in turn aims to empower the country and in order to be true to its motto, Digitize India Platform gives the opportunity to its contributors to earn through the same. However, in order to do so, one has to do the sign-up and register with the same as a digital contributor.
Digitize India Platform Registration for users having Aadhaar Number
If you have Aadhar number, you have to follow below mentioned points to register yourself as a contributor, such as:
- Login to www.digitizeindia.gov.in
- Click on the “Sign Up”. It will take you to the registration form.
- Once the registration form is opened, fill in the below details:
|1.||Full Name||Here you have to mention your full name as per the Aadhar Card.|
|2.||Gender||You have to choose from the drop-down list.|
|3.||Date of Birth||Fill in as per the records i.e. Aadhaar Card.|
|4.||Aadhaar Number||Once you enter the number, click on “Validate Aadhar”.|
|Once your Aadhaar Number is validated, fill in the below fields as well.|
|5.||User Name||Choose the user name for your account, if it is available.|
|6.||Password||It is mandatory to enter a password as per the guidelines.|
|7.||Confirm Password||Re-enter the selected or desired password.|
|8.||Mobile Number||Enter your mobile number.|
|9.||Agree to the Terms and Conditions||It is mandatory to accept the terms and conditions of the Digital India Platform.|
Once you have filled the above details, click on Register Now to register yourself as a digital contributor with the Digitize India platform.
Digitize India Platform Registration for users not having Aadhaar Number
- If you do not have an Aadhaar number, get yourself enrolled for Aadhaar first.
- Get your Bank account linked with Aadhaar. For details get in touch with your Bank and check whether your Aadhaar is linked with bank account or not?
Benefits of Digitize India Platform
Apart from making the offices paperless, Digitize India Platform offers numerous benefits to its users, such as:
- It uses restricted access and encryption techniques and thus secures the document and access to the data.
- It repurpose, reproduce and share the data in various formats, i.e. printed forms, PDF files etc.
- It stores the data extract which can be used for analysis and informed decision making.
- It is the best platform to safeguard your data against any physical disaster by replicating it across different formats and locations.
- It helps to manage, retrieve and access the data more efficiently by enabling keyword based search method.
- It uses data extracts to index the document images.
Any Questions? Request a callback from our Tax Experts.