Revenue Audit Overview
Revenue audit is the audit conducted to check & verify the accuracy of expenditure incurred and the income/revenue earned by the business. In the revenue audit, an auditor focuses on the areas which affect revenue items of the business.
- Testing of revenue accounts on your income statement
- Examination of accounts receivable on the balance sheet
In case of revenue audit, company’s tax returns are matched with the tax records and auditors focus on one or more areas of the business. For ex – Financial statements, tax information, compliances or business operations. The main role of the auditor is to examine the existing system, report or entity. It is a two-part process in which auditor checks & verifies the figures and the information of company’s tax returns by comparing the same with the business records. Generally, auditor checks the income returns over a period of one year. In case auditor notices any discrepancy, they may review your previous records too.
Auditors help in identifying the tax evasion as well as additional liabilities too. They will also collect fines, penalties or interest wherever applicable.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Duties Of Revenue Auditor
- To detect fraud.
- To detect tax evasion.
- To detect manipulation in financial statements.
- To detect unauthorized expenditure.
- To check the invoices and ensure that sales occurred against the same or not.
- To check the accuracy of the financial data of the business.
- To check whether the revenue has been recognized or not.
- They may contact clients too to verify certain transactions & sales.
- To check and verify the closing stock of the inventory at the end of the year.
- To check the internal controls of the company.
Revenue Audit FAQ’S
30+ Offices in India
10+ Years Experience
Save Your Time
Quick Turn around Time
Excellent Customer Service