Home / Provisional Patent Registration
Updated on 16 Apr 2021 9.00 AM IST | 4 min read
In order to take patent registration, provisional or complete specification of a product or process is necessary. Provisional patent means to patent your inventions before it is finalized. It is done by the inventor to establish his or her ownership on the invention earlier by submitting the provisional specifications of the product or process to the registrar.
As you know that our country India follows first to file system which means a person who applied for provisional patent earlier for any invention become the owner of the patent. It also gives advantage to the provisional owner of the patent to become the permanent owner for which he has to file documents for the permanent patent within 12 months or else the earlier filed application for provisional patent will become null and void.
Provisional specification must include title & description of the invention. Description of the invention should start from the second page starting from field, background, object and statement of the invention. It also includes potential uses of invention and their benefits over existing products. No claims are included in provisional specification. Claims are generally included only in complete specification.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Advantages of Provisional Patent
The advantages of provisional patent are as follows –
- It helps patent your invention earlier before it is finalized. Patent is provided to the person who files it first not to the person who invents it first.
- Very few information is required in order to file provisional patent. It includes the title & description of the invention. You also have to specify the potential uses of your invention and its benefits over existing products.
- It helps in analyzing the market potential of your invention before submitting the complete specification of the product or process.
- It also gives you unique competitive advantage over other businesses as competitors are not allowed to use this patented invention in case of similar goods or services.
- It can be protected globally in case you want to register the patent in other countries too.
- It also gives you the right to take action or sue the other person for damages in case of patent infringement. It provides you legal protection.
- Patent registration is valid for 20 years in India from the filing date of patent application.
Provisional Patent Process
The provisional patent process is given below –
In the first step, you need to send your details to us including title and description of the invention. Description of the invention comprises of field, background, object, statement of invention. You also need to specify the potential uses of the invention across industries as well as their benefits over existing products.
In the second step, we will draft your application as per the details send by you.
After filing this application to the registrar, registrar analyzes the application and decides that whether to accept or reject this application. If accepted, you will be able to use “patent pending” on your product any time over the period of 12 months.
How Finacbooks help with Provisional Patent Registration?
Finacbooks is a leading Indian platform having more than 10 years of experience in helping individuals or entities in registering ideas as provisional patents at a least possible price. We will guide you through the entire process of Provisional patent. To avail the best deals on Provisional patent, kindly call us at 8800221252 or you can also e-mail us at email@example.com
Provisional Patent Registration FAQ’S
- Act, method, manner or process of manufacturing
- Machine, apparatus or other articles
- Product patent for foods, medicines, chemicals & drugs
- Substance produced by manufacturing process
- Computer software with technical application or used with hardware
Latest News & Updates
- Apr 16,2021
- Apr 15,2021
- Apr 14,2021
- Apr 13,2021
- Apr 12,2021
No backdate entries, recovery cases, more return filing, others help tax officers to up GST collectionApr 10,2021
Lawyers Are Exempted From Paying GST/Service Tax, Do Not Harass Them By Issuing Demand Notices: Orissa High CourtApr 09,2021
Monthly GSTR 8 (Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) and deposited by e-commerce operators) for Mar 2021Apr 10th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 7 (Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited) for Mar 2021Apr 10th ,2021
GSTR 1 for Mar 2021 (turnover more than INR. 1.50 Crore)Apr 11th ,2021
GSTR 6 (Details of ITC received and distributed by ISD) Monthly Filing Due Date for Mar 2021Apr 13th ,2021
Last date of depositing the fifth instalment of advance tax (if liable to pay any) for FY 2020-21 for individual and corporate taxpayersApr 15th ,2021
GSTR 3B for Mar 2021 (Annual Turnover of more than Rs 5 Cr in Previous FY)Apr 20th ,2021