Home / DOT OSP License Registration
Updated on 18 Jan 2021 9.00 AM IST | 4 min read
DOT License Registration
OSP means other service providers. This license is mandatory for the private companies to provide services in tele communication industry which includes BPO’S, call centers, tele-banking, e-commerce, tele-medicine, tele-education and other IT enabled services.
As per 1999 telecom policy, department of tele communication made it mandatory for other service providers (using telecom resources) to obtain license.
In relation to OSP’s, Telecom communication formulated terms & conditions in February 2000.
As per the terms & conditions, the following points should be taken into consideration –
- Other service providers (OSP’s) are only allowed to take telecom resources from authorized telecom service providers.
- They should not provide switched telephony.
- Department of tele-communication must enlist other service provider’s for providing variety of services like telebanking, call center and other IT enabled services.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Types Of OSP’S
There are two types of OSP’s –
- Domestic OSP’s – The OSP’s providing the application services within the boundaries of the nation are known as domestic OSP’s.
- International OSP’s – The OSP’s providing the application services outside the boundaries of the nation are known as international OSP’s.
Applicability for OSP’S
OSP registration is necessary and applicable on every service provider using the telecom resources or providing services in sectors like telemedicine, telebanking, call center, tele-training, tele-education, e-commerce, network operation center and other IT enabled services. The authority responsible for issuing the OSP license is called as Telecom enforcement, resource and monitoring (TERM) cell which comes under the department of telecommunications. Those who are applying for OSP registration should have their company registered under companies’ act 2013 or companies’ act 1956.
Documents Required For OSP License Registration
The documents needed for OSP license registration are given below –
- Memorandum of association and Articles of association
- Incorporation certificate issued by the company registrar
- List of the directors of the company
- List of the shareholders of the company
- Board resolution or power of attorney by the authorized signatory
- Nature of business & activities proposed
- Processing fees of Rs.1000 along with the application form
- Present shareholding pattern
- Form A
The documents mentioned above must be certified along with the seal by the director or company secretary of the company or statutory auditor or public notary.
Terms And Conditions For OSP Operation
Procedure For Obtaining OSP License
- In the first step, you need to fill the application form online on the website of department of telecommunication.
- In the second step, you need to pay the amount of Rs.1000 as fees.
- In the third step, you need to submit the required documents to the concerned authority.
- Finally, your OSP license is issued.
Advantages Of OSP License
- With the valid license, you can easily run your BPO or a call center business and there will be no legal hurdle
- Some foreign and Indian clients may ask for this license before and after giving the project.
Validity of OSP Registration
The validity of OSP registration is 20 Years from the date of registration. A government fee of Rs.1000 is applicable on OSP registration.
Compliances of OSP Registration
- Submit the annual return to department of telecommunication at the end of every financial year.
- If any changes have been made in the OSP license, same should be informed to the telecommunication department.
- You should maintain compliance by following the terms & conditions prescribed by the telecommunication department.
- International OSP is not allowed to use PSTN connectivity at the Indian end whereas PSTN connectivity is permitted at the foreign end having facility of both inbound & outbound calls.
Latest News & Updates
- Jan 18,2021
- Jan 16,2021
- Jan 15,2021
- Jan 14,2021
- Jan 13,2021
- Jan 12,2021
- Jan 11,2021
Deadline for filing income-tax returns (ITR) for FY 2019-20 (AY 2020-21)Jan 10th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 7 (Summary of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and deposited) for December 2020Jan 10th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 8 (Summary of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) and deposited by e-commerce operators) for December 2020Jan 10th ,2021
Due date for Payment of TDS/ TCS for Oct 20- ITJan 10th ,2021
GSTR 1 for December 2020 (turnover more than INR. 1.50 Crore)Jan 11th ,2021
Monthly GSTR 6 for December 2020Jan 13th ,2021