Foreign manufacturer’s certification scheme is a product certification scheme started & operated by Bureau of Indian standards (BIS) to grant certification to foreign manufacturer’s (Factory location outside India) and permitting them to use standard mark on their products that qualifies with the Indian standards. This scheme is applicable to all products except electronics & IT products notified by Deity. This license is issued by foreign manufacturer’s certification department (FMCD) located at BIS headquarters, New Delhi. This certification is provided by BIS to only those products which meet the standards set by them. This license is granted for the location where the product manufacturing & testing takes place as per relevant Indian standards. After granting of license, standard mark is applied on the products of the company.
Who can apply under FMCS?
Those manufacturers who are having their company location outside India can apply for foreign manufacturer’s certification scheme.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Things to take care of before submitting the application
The companies should take care of the following things before submitting the application to BIS authority –
- Make sure that all the manufacturing facilities must be available at the factory premises.
- Make sure that your company products should meet the applicable Indian standard specifications.
- As per Indian standard specification, company should have all the arrangements in their factory premises for testing the product.
- As per ISS, company should have qualified personnel in their lab to test the product.
- Testing & marking fees should be borne by the manufacturer.
- All the terms & conditions of the license must be accepted by the manufacturer.