What is MCA-RUN?
MCA stands for ministry of corporate affairs and RUN stands for reserve unique name. RUN is a new web based application launched by ministry of corporate affairs on 26th January 2017 in order to simplify the company name approval process.
MCA-RUN is a very simple and easy process of reserving a new name for your company or changing the name of your existing company.
Previously, all company name approval applications are submitted through form INC-1 along with minimum of 2 director’s identification number & 1 digital signature but after the introduction of “RUN” web based application, it becomes easy for every business owner to reserve a name for their company without any requirement of digital signature.
Purpose of MCA-RUN E-Form
Any applicant looking for name reservation for his or her new company or looking for change in an existing company name can easily does name reservation through the web based “RUN” application. After submitting the application, the application is processed by central registration center (CRC). The proposed name applied by the applicant for the approval should comply with MCA rules & regulations.
Name Reservation Under MCA-RUN
Before you get name reservation under “MCA-RUN”, you must know about what we will “suffix” after the name of the company for various types of companies. The information is as follows –
|Sr.no||Company type||Suffix used||Example|
|1||Private limited company||Limited/Private limited||ABC limited/DEF private limited|
|2||Section 8 company||Other than limited/private limited/(OPC) private limited||CDE electoral trust|
|3||Nidhi company||Nidhi limited||MCD Nidhi limited|
|4||Producer company||Producer company limited||JKL producer company limited|
|5||OPC (private limited)||OPC (private limited)||ABC (OPC) Private limited|
|6||IFSC company||(IFSC) limited/(IFSC) Private limited/IFSC limited/IFSC private limited||DEF IFSC Limited/DEF (IFSC) Limited/FAD IFSC Private limited/FAD (IFSC) private limited|
|7||Unlimited company||Unlimited||ADF unlimited|
Validity of Reserved Company Names
On the basis of information & documents provided by the applicant, central registration center (CRC) reserves the company name for a period of –
- 20 days from the date of approval in case the new name is provided to a company
- 60 days from the date of approval in case of change in the name of the existing company.
Important Rules Regarding the Proposed Names
There are certain rules & regulations specified in relation to reservation of the names by MCA and are as follows –
Requirements to Reserve a Unique Name Via MCA-RUN
- Proposed name
- Relevant documents
- Corporate identification number
- MCA account
Process for Using MCA-RUN
- Before using the RUN service, you must open an account with MCA. It is necessary to open an MCA account to access this service. After logging into MCA account, input the name you wanted to use & check its availability across MCA database & LLP names in order to reserve the proposed name.
- If you wish to change the name of your existing company, it is necessary to input corporate identification number in RUN “e-form”.
- The applicant needs to enter the proposed name in the e-form in order to incorporate a new company or to change the name of the existing company.
- The applicant needs to enter the object of the proposed company along with the supporting comments or documents for the proposed name.
MCA-RUN: Post Submission Process
The process after form submission is as follows –
Any Questions? Request a callback from our Tax Experts.