About Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) which is commonly known as Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a scheme of the Government of India to provide free access to healthcare for 40% of people in the country who comes under poor, lower section of the society and the vulnerable population. AB PM-JAY scheme provides financial protection to the poor section of the society while they’re in a condition of hospitalization due to medical emergencies.
Launched in September 2018 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a Union Government Scheme and part of the Indian Government’s National Health Policy offers health insurance coverage of maximum sum insured amount of Rs. 5 lakhs.
What is covered under Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana?
The health insurance under AB-PMJAY comprises hospitalization charges of recipients and includes the below components:
- Medical check-up, consultation and treatment.
- Non-intensive and intensive care services.
- Medicine and medical consumables.
- Diagnostic and laboratory services.
- Medical implant services, where feasible.
- Food services.
- Any difficulty arising at the time of treatment.
- Post-hospitalisation expenditures for up to 15 days.
- Treatment for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
What are the exclusions on as Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme?
- OPD costing
- Drug rehabilitation.
- Cosmetic surgeries.
- Treatments for fertility
- Individual diagnostics.
- Organ transplantation
Eligibility criteria for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme
Rural categories –
The below entities are covered in AB PM-JAY scheme:
- Residing in only one room with kuccha walls and kuccha roofLandless families finding their income from manual casual labour
- Female-headed families (no adult male member are found between the age group of 16-59 years)
- Disabled member and no able-bodied adult member
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe families
- Households without housing
- Poor/ living on alms
- Manual scavenger families
- Primitive tribal groups
- Legally released bonded labour
Urban categories -
The below entities are covered:
- Rag picker
- Domestic worker
- Street vendor/ Cobbler/ hawker / Other service provider who works on the street
- Construction worker/ Plumber/ Mason/ Labour/ / Painter/ Welder/ Security guard
- Coolie and another head-load worker
- Sweeper/ Sanitation worker / Mali
- Home-based worker/ Artisan / Handicrafts worker / Tailor
- Transport worker/ Driver/ Conductor/ Helper to drivers and conductors/ Cart puller/ Rickshaw puller
- Shop worker / Assistant/ Peon in small establishment / Helper / Delivery assistant / Attendant / Waiter
- Electrician / Mechanic/ Assembler/ Repair worker
- Washer-man / Chowkidar
Documents required for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme
- Aadhaar Card/PAN Card for identity and age Proof
- Your mobile number, email address and residential address
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Documents stating your current family status
Apply Online for Ayushman Bharat Yojana
To apply online for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme, you're required to know whether you are a beneficiary of the scheme. Below is the process to find out whether you're eligible for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Registration:
Step 1: Log on to the website for PMJAY - https://pmjay.gov.in/) and click on the “Am I Eligible” icon
Step 2: Provide your contact details and click on “Generate OTP”
Step 3: Select your state and search by your name, mobile number, HHD number or your ration card number
Step 4: You can see whether you are eligible for the scheme
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme
Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme is targeted at the weak and underprivileged sections of the society. Following are the benefits of the PMJAY:
- The scheme covers all hospitalisation expenditures with cashless transactions to the recipients.
- Accommodation during hospitalisation.
- Costing for pre and post-hospitalisation
- Any problems arising during the time treatment.
- Can be used by all the family members.
- No cap on family size, age or gender.
- Pre-existing conditions are involved from 1st day.
Any Questions? Request a callback from our Tax Experts.
Share this post